Italian Speaking Business Development Manager
Location: Hampton Wick
Salary: £40 – £45,000 PA
My client is looking for an Italian and English-speaking Business Development Manager to grow their customer base in Italy. Your role will be to seek new business opportunities in Italy by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers, as well as managing, identifying and on-boarding resellers.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads in Italy and meeting sales quotas. You will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with customers, from first contact until you close the deal. You will also ensure proper after-sales service. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
The role can be based in the UK or Italy and travel to Italy will be expected.
Key Responsibilities of a Business Development Manager
• Responsible for generating new customer leads, through both outbound lead generation activities (e.g., LinkedIn, networking, referrals, cold calling) and follow up of internal leads from marketing campaigns
• Present to potential clients
• Identify client needs and suggest appropriate products/services
• Build long-term trusting relationships with clients
• Proactively seek new business opportunities in the Italian market
• Manage and support existing resellers
• Seeking out and on-board resellers in sectors and/or regions not covered by existing resellers
• Report to the Exec on monthly sales results
• Ensure CRM (Salesdforce.com) is accurately maintained
• Achieve Sales Quota for the region
• Growing the Sales Team in Italy as required
Key Competencies of a Business Development Manager
• 5+ years experience in B2B sales for a technology manufacturer or B2B technology solution provider
• 5+ years of managing Channel Partners/Resellers in Europe
• 2+ years of managing a Sales Team
Professional and Personal Skills
• Native / Fluent Italian speaker (in addition to English)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with a flair for producing high quality written content for sales and marketing purposes
• High drive and energy
• Maturity and strong work ethic
• Good time management, attention to detail and ability to handle pressure
• Be able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical customers
• Technical background with a good appreciation of IT software and hardware
• Ability to speak additional languages
• Experience in sales to Public Sector and Private Sector including law enforcement, security, transport, retail and healthcare
• Familiar with Salesforce com
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Consultant: Donna Jackson