Health & Safety Co-ordinator
We are excited to be recruiting for a Byfleet based organisation who urgently need a Health & Safety co-ordinator to join their team. This role will provide support to ensure a safe and suitable working environment which is compliant with current Health & Safety and Environmental legislation. You will embed a positive safety culture and best practice at all levels of the organisation for across two locations.
Overview of role:
• Promote H&S best practices of the organisation to encourage continual improvement and reporting / action of ‘near miss’ situations
• To ensure the Group’s Health & Safety and Environmental Policies and procedures are maintained consistently across the Weybridge and
Byfleet sites. This will include supporting visits by external regulatory bodies such as the UK Health and Safety Executive, as and when
• Develop and deliver training sessions to meet employee training needs;
• To support the company’s Health and Safety committees, including arranging and attending meetings.
• Support managers to maintain safe systems of work and implement best practice, including providing specialist advice and practical
support as and when required;
• Working with managers to prepare and carry out risk assessments; ensure that they are carried out in line with procedures and in a timely
• Supporting with the maintenance of Health and Safety systems and procedures to meet specific requirements, such as accident reporting
and the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH), in a consistent and effective manner;
• Supporting audits to evaluate the effectiveness of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures, and identify and advise on
• Supporting with the collection, storage and analysis of accident and other Health, Safety and Environmental data and to feed into
management reports, identify trends and recommend action;
• Coordinating fire safety processes to ensure legal compliance including evacuation procedures and fire prevention training;
• Ensure compliance with DSE requirements;
• Assist with investigation of accidents and take necessary steps to prevent a recurrence, including keeping written records of the
investigation and action taken;
• Reporting of any notifiable accidents and incidents in compliance with HSE and RIDDOR requirements
The right person for this role will have the following:
• Prior experience in a health and safety position
• Prior experience of environmental management.
• Ability to deliver training
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Computer literate with good user knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Ability to interpret Health and Safety legislation and produce written policy;
• Ability to design and deliver training;
• Excellent oral communication skills, including presentation and training experience;
• Track record of delivering customer focused Health & Safety and Environmental services;
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise and analyse data
• Member of the Institution of Occupation Safety and Health (IOSH);
• NEBOSH diploma or equivalent – MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.