Head of Commercial Finance DTC – 3 Month Sabbatical Cover
Location – Chertsey
Salary – £317.88 – £357.88
Duration – 3 months
Benefits: Bonus scheme, staff discounts, 25 days holiday (after AWR), government pension (after AWR), staff restaurant and onsite parking
Summary of the Head of Commercial Finance DTC – 3 Month Sabbatical Cover
The purpose of the role is to provide commercial, financial and accounting support to the IM Division role sits within the Finance Operations and IM Divisional Leadership Team reports to the Finance Director. This is a business partnering role supporting the Head of IM, as well as VP of Sales and VP of Commercial Operations.
Responsibilities of the Head of Commercial Finance DTC – 3 Month Sabbatical Cover
- Provide the appropriate level of challenge to ensure that plans are robust, stretching and achievable.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis where necessary (e.g. scenario planning, sensitivity analysis).
- Support the wider finance team with analysis as and when required for internal and external reporting.
- Work closely and partner with divisional management to drive financial performance and ensure that the Divisions’ financial objectives regarding sales, profitability, cash conversion and market share are delivered.
- Prepare value added reporting and analysis to support management and identify significant trends/issues, e.g. monitoring performance versus plan, customer/product profitability etc.
- Liaise with key channel partners and where necessary negotiate key contractual terms in commercial agreements with customers to ensure sound risk management and maximize SEUK’s return.
- Identify opportunities to maximize financial performance and grow the business.
- To develop, agree and implement the investment and management frameworks aligned to divisional commercial objectives.
- Increase efficiency and enhance commercial results derived from sales deduction investment and marketing OpEx budget across all product categories.
- Provide financial insight, analysis and appraisal as required to support:
- Analyse and track the investment performance against the framework and plan, identifying risks and opportunities, working with marketing team to prepare contingency plans for below plan performance
- Day-to-day commercial decision making;
- Evaluation of customer proposals and bids;
- Development of business strategy.
- Drive divisional management to achieve the right balance in maximizing opportunities.
- Ensure strong control and governance in the financial activities undertaken by the Divisions.
- Manage the process of accounting for sales deductions and support the Divisions in managing and accounting for marketing expenditure.
- Be point of contact for all divisional internal and external audit queries relating to gross to net sales movements, leading quarterly reviews and evidence gathering for requested samples.
- Ensure that these costs are completely and accurately recorded, correctly classified, that spend is appropriately justified and within budget/authority limits, and that supporting processes are efficient and effective.
- Oversee processing of quarterly commissions for the Divisions’ sales staff. Ensure that the commissions are calculated accurately and in accordance with the company’s approved commission plan.
- Provide guidance on the accounting for more complex customer deals, obtaining technical advice from other areas of Finance where necessary and ensuring that transactions can be
Key competencies of the Head of Commercial Finance DTC – 3 Month Sabbatical Cover
- FMCG background required. Experience within technology sector and a fast paced sales environment needed.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment, take quick and effective decisions and direct others.
- Excellent analytical skills to understand business drivers and interpret financial results.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, get key messages across succinctly and work with others.
- Proven track record in demonstrating accountability and ownership; proactive approach.
- Strong influencing skills to persuade management that your conclusions are correct and obtain buy-in.
- Strong reporting skills, display key information and convey messages clearly, concisely and with impact.
- Work well under pressure, with good decision making skills under tight deadlines.
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA). with 10+ years’ experience in industry
- Up to date knowledge of international accounting standards.
- Experience of working in technology or FMCG sectors;
- Hands on experience of using ERP systems (preferably SAP).
- Ability to implement change process to streamline and make existing processes more efficient.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.