Graduate Building Surveyor
Salary: £20-£25,000 PA
Hours: Mon-Thurs 9.15am-5.15pm. Friday 9.15am-4.15pm (Office based for 6 months’ probation, Hybrid 2 days WFH following)
Summary of a Graduate Building Surveyor
To assist in the provision of full efficient and effective Building Surveying services in all technical aspects of a professional practice, including regular liaison with senior staff in the effective and efficient performance of the team in the execution of their duties
Key Responsibilities of a Graduate Building Surveyor
• Provide support to the Building Surveying Team as required in all business issues.
• Full Building Surveying duties
• Assist establishing Client brief, appropriate fees, cost control and supervision through to completion.
• Assist in the service delivery to Clients
• To develop general knowledge of current legal developments in respect of construction and associated law.
• Maintain training and CPD requirements to complete RICS APC accreditation
Key Competencies of a Graduate Building Surveyor
• BSc in RICS accredited course.
• Actively working towards MRICS.
• Smart/professional appearance.
• Punctuality and input of time as necessary to get the job done.
• Numerically accurate and ability to produce clear concise reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally
• Develop familiarity and experience in the main core services.
• Effective and efficient preparation of contract documents.
• Referral of potential problem areas to Senior Staff
• Client interface on a project basis in conjunction with senior grades.
• Ability to work diligently under supervision
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Consultant: Danielle Godbold