Salary: £20,000 – £22,000 per annum
Working hours: Monday to Friday 08:30-17:30
Summary of a Business Support
The role is extremely varied, no two days are likely to be the same and therefore you will need to be able to effectively manage priorities in a busy and exciting role adapting to suit changing priorities. As the daily duties can be both reactive or proactive, this role would suit a self-motivated individual with a logical and inquisitive nature. An aptitude for technical understanding and familiarity with social media platforms would be beneficial although not essential. We encourage self-development whilst looking to help develop existing skill sets further.
Key Responsibilities of a Business Support
• Client relationship support for C Suite including some account management of selected clients
• Preparation of document packs for external submission
• Support to Senior Management Team
• Administration of emails requesting information or data to be sourced and collated
• Liaison with business partners to adhere to best practices
• CRM administration and maintenance (Salesforce)
• Client query administration
• Basic office administration e.g. printing, scanning etc.
• Diary management
• Website administration and management
• Social media administration
• New client prospecting and qualification to include some cold calling
• Holiday cover for team members as required
• Ad-hoc duties as appropriate to support the business.
Key Competencies of a Business Support
• Excellent Administration skills
• Strong written and verbal English
• Confident and professional telephone manner
• IT literate – particularly Microsoft Office and Excel
• High attention to details
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.