Location: Hampton Wick
Salary: £35 – £40,000 PA
Summary of a Test Analyst
To execute the testing of our clients software solutions including but not limited to DEMS 360 and body worn camera firmware. Testing will also overlap with our clients other products such as the smart docks, smart gateway, and other hardware
Key Responsibilities of a Test Analyst
Requirement analysis, Test planning, Test execution, Test automation, Sprint planning, Defect backlog, Quality assurance sign-off and General for example:
• Working with the senior test analyst, analyse customer issues reported by the support team and either validate as a known issue or log as a new bug, detailing the steps to reproduce
• Working with the senior test analyst, author test scenarios for new features
• For each new build, perform smoke tests to ensure basic functionality is working as expected
• Perform test plan, executing the test scenarios (automated and manual) for new features and system performance in the test environment, logging any new issues in Azure DevOps
• Using Selenium, maintain and add to the end to end automated test suite used to automate the regression test of DEMS 360 features
• Participate in sprint planning sessions to organise the work items in the next sprint
• Discuss all the valid bugs in defect triage meetings and update DevOps status’ as necessary
• Execute all the test scenarios and update the test scenario document with results
• Re-test all the resolved bugs and update the status
• Participate in daily team stand-ups and biweekly sprint planning, providing estimates for test effort for each new feature
• Keep the product team informed on the general status of the current build, highlighting any new bugs, compatibility, performance or failures in regression testing
Key Competencies of a Test Analyst
• Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Test Analyst.
• Knowledge of software testing methodologies and testing types
• Experience in preparation and execution of Test Cases and Test Plan.
• Experience in Regression testing, Functional testing and User Acceptance Testing.
• Experience in Browser Compatibility testing.
• Experience in system performance testing with good appreciation of memory, CPU and scalability.
• Experience of Agile & Scrum development environment.
• Experience of reporting build health and maintaining bug backlog in TFS, Jira or similar.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in test automation using Selenium in C# coding
• Degree or equivalent in an IT/Engineering discipline.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Consultant: Donna Jackson