Summary of a Tender Executive
Responsible for preparation of tender calls and responses (pre and post tender clarifications) in line with customer requests whilst adhering to internal procedures and policies. Effectively manage multiple projects at the same time, by ensuring all deadlines are met both internally and externally.
Key Responsibilities of Tender Executive
• Monitor and source publicised call to offers and opportunities, and arrange for appropriate tender submissions within deadlines.
• Log, monitor and upload all tender documentation into central tender management system to ensure all key documentation is recorded.
• Manage the tender throughout its lifecycle ensuring adherence to clauses and agreements are met, and timely follow ups made for tender renewals.
• Effectively communicate tender deadlines and requirements to relevant internal departments and ensure all responses are collated accordingly.
• Provide practical advice to CS regional leads during tender preparation.
• Standardise tender responses in order to achieve a professional, uniformed document across all product lines.
• Liaise between departments to close tenders within deadline. (CS, GA, MA, SP, Finance, Legal)
• Liaise with internal regional leads to establish global tender and price agreement opportunities, and provide the administrative support to successfully close.
• Secure customer commitment through contractual means by monitoring buying trends
• Register with all relevant websites to source opportunities and distribute findings to internal teams for confirmation and review
• Establish an accurate global sales pipeline and forecast and provide report on tender activity on a regular basis
• Open opportunities in new markets through information from Regional Leads and associated country plans
• Source and deliver all opportunistic tender submissions and establish a high conversion rate and point scoring system
• Protect existing tenders and price agreements by monitoring lifecycle and adherence to secure contract renewals and customer relationship longevity
• Support the provision of first class processes and procedures that satisfy tough audit scrutiny
• Work cross functionally to ensure that tender conditions can be met and find solutions to achieve
• Manage all internal and external relationships to expand the tender market
Key Competencies of a Tender Executive
• Fluent Language ability (both written and verbal) for assigned region(s). Applicants with language capability where not a native speaker must be able to converse to an excellent level across all mediums
• Previous exposure to tender processes
• Advanced excel skills essential – strong reporting capability
• Ability to effective manage multiple work tasks of varying complexities
• Meet deadlines and work well under pressure
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.