Senior Project Procurement Manager
The Project Procurement Manager is charged with the efficient and effective material control of the project equipment and materials from planning through sourcing, expediting, inspection, transport, and receipt. Measures of success are buying below budget and delivering on schedule to the required quality. The Project Procurement Manager is expected to develop competitive sourcing strategies, effectively engage suppliers, professionally negotiate purchase orders, and resolve performance issues.
Salary: up to £55,000 per annum
Duration: 6 month contract (potential temp to perm)
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Project Procurement Manager
- Act as a single point of contact between the Procurement team and the Project Execution team
- Advise the Procurement team and work closely with the Project Manager to successfully plan and execute the Capital Procurement scope within Capital projects.
- Develop Project Procurement Strategy aligned with overall Project Execution Strategy
- Compile and maintain Project Material Registry to plan and track equipment and material status including supporting site teams with delivery updates and status.
- Prepare and issue inquiries, requisitions, and purchase orders according to the project schedule
- Negotiate with suppliers to acquire globally competitive price, delivery, and contract terms
- Collaborate closely with Expeditors, Inspection Leads, and Transportation Specialists to ensure the accurate level of interventions required are handled for approval of Purchase Order requirements against the schedule.
- Maintain Commercial interface with suppliers, handle warranty claims, back charges and liquidated damages
- Handle budget for Capital Procurement scope of the project, including the equipment/materials costs as well as the Procurement hours expended
Key Competencies for a Senior Project Procurement Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher, in Engineering or Business Management
- Extensive experience in Technical, Engineering, Commercial or Project environment
- Experience in issuance and managing execution of requisitions/purchase orders for material, equipment, and services
- Accreditation from Supply Chain industry organization (i.e., MCIPS, CPSM)
- Knowledge of commercial purchasing procedures and practice, including aspects of negotiation and contract law
- Familiar with SAP and SmartPlant Materials
- Ability to bring teams together to resolve issues and achieve targets and goals
- Strong commercial awareness and negotiating skills
- Knowledge of strategic sourcing strategies and procurement work processes
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.