Senior Government Relations Manager
Location – Chertsey
Salary – £338.11- £378.11 Per day
Duration – On going contract
Benefits: Holiday – 25 days per annum plus bank holidays, Access to staff sales discount, Access to Reward Plus discount shopping and Government pension auto-enrolment from 12 weeks.
Summary of a Senior Government Relations Manager
In this role you will be working with the Director of Government & External Relations to analyse and understand Government policies and maintain our client’s great reputation with the Government, politicians and other senior partners.
Responsibilities of a Senior Government Relations Manager
• Working into the Director of Government & External Relations, to support the development of the Government Relations programme, driving strategy, and engagement with key political influencers
• Analyse Government policies’ potential impact on the business and work with colleagues to develop constructive alternatives that help the company
• Raise awareness, drive the companies brand message and develop and maintain relationships with key Government and industry partners
• Monitor and analyse Government policy developments, working with a range of internal partners to assessing potential impact on business and develop company policy
• Provide relevant and useful verbal and written briefings to colleagues to help their understanding of policy developments and the implications on the company
• Analyse risks and opportunities of Government activity and policies, coordinating internal collaborators and managing virtual teams to investigate and agree company positions
• Develop and manage issues management system for issues that could affect the business, mitigating risks and maximising opportunities, supported by relevant communication and messaging tools and materials; building relationships and partnerships to manage issues
• Deliver Government Relations events or, more commonly, the Government Relations part of company events, working closely with colleagues
• Develop and maintain relationships with key internal stakeholders in order to shape Government Relations work that supports other areas of the business and identifies opportunities for them
• Manage company’s day to day relations with key trade associations in order that involvement is coordinated and to ensure such bodies fully represent company views, and act as company representative on the relevant trade association working groups
• Deputise and act as representative of Director of Government and External Relations in meetings with senior internal and external stakeholders as advised
Key competencies of a Senior Government Relations Manager
• Excellent understanding of the UK political process
• Excellent analytical skills, showing understanding of how Government develops policy and, importantly, the ability to analyse impact on business functions
• Excellent written skills, being able to explain complex policies succinctly and to construct arguments
• Experience in large organization (public and/or private sector) and performing an in-house or agency public affairs role successfully
• Very strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to present confidently and speak well with Government officials and internal colleagues
• Experience of planning and executing Government Affairs programmes
• Experience working in multicultural environments and managing cultural differences
• Strong relationship building skills
• Degree level
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Consultant – Charlie Shepherd