A fantastic opportunity for an experienced professional with a sound level of understanding of GDPR and FCA regulation to join our growing team as a Senior Compliance Manager within a company that caters for clients across multiple markets and industries.
Primary requirements of the position surround building and developing an enhanced regulatory oversight framework that caters for Data Protection and FCA compliance. The position will stand as our appointed DPO and internal/external compliance oversight advisory lead providing timely and relevant analysis and investigation outputs.
Key components of the role cover oversight of all data-led policy requirements, client contractual compliance monitoring and risk assessments.
• An in-depth knowledge of data protection laws within the UK and experience of working in a Privacy and Data protection focussed compliance role
• An ability to think strategically, assess risks and explain the potential consequences
• Experience in drafting policies, interpreting legal contracts and report writing
• Confident presentation skills
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communicator at all levels, ability to deliver a clear message to a wide variety of audiences
• Ability to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner
• Ability to work in a fast paced, challenging, dynamic and demanding environment with changing priorities
• Strategic thinker with analytical and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders to ensure privacy related improvement activities are prioritised alongside other projects and constructively challenge and question stakeholders on their approach to compliance.
• IAPP CIPP/E or equivalent recognised professional standard
• Proven awareness of privacy legislative framework and its application
• Microsoft office suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Information and records management expertise
• An understanding of audit frameworks
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a data protection role
• Experience in report creation and confidence to communicate with all stakeholders at all levels of the business
• Ability to deliver interactive presentations at organisational events to diverse audiences
• Detailed knowledge of conflicts of interest and proven experience of resolving conflicts
• Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to influence and deliver excellent results in conjunction with the senior management of the Quality and Risk Directorate
• Detailed understanding of FCA Handbook, CONC, SYSQ, GDPR, SM&CR and Conduct Rules
• Experience in regulatory reporting and experience communicating with regulators
• Compliance advisory & monitoring experience in an FCA regulated environment
• Show excellent understanding and interpretation of emerging compliance issues
• Awareness and understanding of wider business, economic and regulatory environment
• Previous roles as a Data Protection Officer
• One or more data protection qualifications such as EU-GDPR-P, CIPP/E etc
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.