Senior Commercial Manager
Benefits: Car allowance, 18% bonus, private medical – family cover, and many more great benefits!
Summary of a Senior Commercial Manager
You will be responsible for supporting the European Head of Home Appliances in strategic decision making through an understanding of the commercial levers at hand. This will require you to have a strong commercial acumen of channel and retail management in a consumer durables space. Working with the category management and marketing teams, you will help formulate go-to-market approach for successful launching and sales especially for online market. This will require you to be responsible for the business plan and launch objectives, and work with country teams to run sell-out performance, raise issues where applicable. A critical function of this role is formulating deep commercial insights into business gained from business analytics tools to ensure alignment with our regional commercial objectives. From time to time, you may be required to present the full business status and priorities to senior partners in the organization.
Key Responsibilities of a Senior Commercial Manager
• Own commercial strategy and performance management for Home Appliance business in Europe
• Be the go-to-person for the head of team on commercial performance assessment, business improvement ideation and activation
• Lead subsidiary or category P&L deep dives, identifying revenue and cost issues and driving business improvement initiatives
• Assess commercial implications (opportunities, risk) of strategic decision made on product, marketing, investments at HQ and subsidiary level
Cross Category Initiatives
• Lead cross category initiatives on annual sales planning, business opportunity, risk assessments and others. Define project scope, allocate work streams, own delivery
• Structure analysis and work management among the team members to help answer key business issues and priorities raised by management
Online Key Account Management
• Represent Samsung DA to mid-Senior Management of European Key Accounts. Build strong business partnership and alignment on strategic goals
• Develop tools to monitor and forecast meaningful metrics by online Key Account, establish a deep understanding of online business performance and find opportunities for growth.
• Set up regular business reviews with the key accounts. Prepare meaningful material to share insights, and propose and drive joint actions for mutual business growth.
• Liaise with local commercial leaders in markets to stay informed of key account performance and issues. Champion new initiatives with the subsidiaries that help deliver on commercial objectives of international agreement.
• Ensure ongoing focus and momentum behind the objectives of international agreement across Europe.
New Channel Development
• Monitor trends and developments European retail landscape, and its impact on our business
• Assess assortment and pricing strategies being planned and deployed by the biggest retail partners, and its implications on commercial strategy (pricing, promotions, incentives)
• Identify new channel development initiatives across markets, evangelize and scale up validated business models across other market.
• Track market, competitor, channel developments, and share with wider organization your assessment on short and long term implications to the business
• Evaluate competitor’s performance, pricing and channel strategies make recommendations to ensure we continue to maintain a high-reaching position.
• Develop relationships with agencies like GFK, and key team members in markets set up mechanisms and tools to build a pipeline of market insights.
• Provide mentorship to members of the team and develop content for executive presentations, customer meetings, subsidiary workshops, subsidiary specific performance reviews
• Deliver presentations to the senior partners on commercial performance and strategy in the company
• Improve the transparency, consistency, and flow of appropriate commercial information across the business to support timely decision making and anticipation of issues that can be avoided.
Key Competencies of a Senior Commercial Manager
• Work towards opportunities and translate them into ideas, solutions, initiatives that directly impact the business performance
• Strategic thinker with a comprehensive understanding of P&L and commercial principles.
• Comfortable and proficient to interact and present to the senior executives
• Good in relationship building as success in this role depends on getting engagement from teams without direct reporting line
• Outstanding analytical and data management skills. Not just providing information but translating that into valuable insights. Ability to balance multiple data sources and consolidate and simplify into efficient analysis
• Proven excel, PowerPoint and word skills to compile valued reporting;
• Preferably experience and insights on the Home appliances industry or similar consumer electronics business or online business development experience an advantage
• Fluent English and Korean both for an official reporting and usual communication
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.