Salary: £50 – £60,000 PA
Hours: Office based
Summary of a Sales Manager
The Sales Manager will organise, teach and lead a team of Sales Representatives within the Contract Division to work towards agreed targets. Their duties will include guidance, training and mentorship, creating a sales plan and setting sales goals and objectives.
They will need to develop the sales team, coordinate Sales Operations (programs and reports), as well as implement sales techniques that allow the business and individuals to meet and surpass targets consistently.
The Sales Manager will also work closely with ‘big profile’ new and existing customers and will be heavily involved in the Strategic Account Management and development of their allocated accounts.
Key Responsibilities of a Sales Manager
• Driving and Managing sales strategy
• Owning and building the Sales Divisions pipeline
• Commercial improvement programs
• Developing and implementing new sales initiatives, strategies and programmes
• Understanding & usage of sales metrics/ratios
• Performance Management of sales team
• Developing sales collateral & material
• Resource planning (12 week plan)
• Internal Recruitment (Interviewing / selecting)
• Building and promoting healthy, long-lasting customer relations with top customers
• Establishing productive and professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
• Achieving 100% Share of wallet for assigned Accounts
• Own company Hospitality and events calendar
• Running Account Reviews for new and existing customers
Key Competencies of a Sales Manager
• 10+ years in Sales field – ideally in a fast-moving market
• Recruitment experience beneficial (not essential)
• Fire & Security or Telecoms experience beneficial (not essential)
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Strong negotiation and influencing skills
• Proven ability to drive a sales plan from start to finish
• Excellent mentoring, coaching and people skills
• Time management and organisation
• Achievement focused
• Talent Development
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Consultant: Danielle Godbold