Retail Admin Assistant
Salary: £25,000 PA
Hours: Tuesday – Saturday from 9am-5pm. Saturdays are not essential
Summary of a Retail Admin Assistant
The role involves retail and office administration. The duties below are a summary of what is done on a day-to-day basis but not necessarily every day and some duties shared by the whole team as well as some essential skills.
Key Responsibilities of a Retail Admin Assistant
• Greet and serve customers providing a friendly service and delivering a memorable experience in store, over the phone and via email.
• Follow security procedure for opening / closing the shop.
• Can present, conduct, and communicate themselves in a professional and clear manner both to customers and colleagues
• Assisting with online, email and telephone inquiries.
• Booking in stock.
• Maintain packaging supplies.
• Writing letters on behalf of the owner.
• General office duties
• Contribute to shop reaching its monthly and annual sales targets
• Provide reliable information to customers in all matters relating to sales, customer service, repairs, and bespoke orders.
• All transactions to be handled in a responsible and secure way.
• Till functions such as cashing up and taking payments.
Key Competencies of a Retail Admin Assistant
• I.T. Literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Highly organised.
• Clear written and spoken English.
• Previous retail experience / preferred but not essential.
• Presentable and clean in appearance.
• Reliable, professional, and punctual.
• Capable of handling sensitive and confidential information.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Consultant: Donna Jackson