12 month Fixed Term Contract
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a Walton based client who need a Project Accountant to join a team of 6. Reporting into the Finance Systems Manager, you will be responsible for a variety of financial aspects, providing financial support to several different internal stakeholder groups including a team of consultants. Key responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of project accounting system ensuring client and project records are correctly configured and links to other financial systems are functional
- Awarding of new Consulting contracts: Collection of necessary start up project data, budgets, resourcing, margins, client contacts, PO’s, invoicing
- Maintain accurate live data of all planned invoices
- Month end accruals for reimbursable income
- Preparation of all Consulting fees and reimbursable invoices with necessary supporting documentation
- Preparation of monthly backup for Time & Material based projects, approval and billing
- Perform Consulting WIP reconciliations, follow up activities and month end revaluations
- Resolve any client queries regarding related invoices issued to ensure prompt payment
- Provide credit control support to facilitate the payment of all Consulting invoices Time Recording
- Creation and maintenance of employee records ensuring they are correctly configured and links to other financial systems are functional
- Ensure employee data for resourcing is current, including holidays, available hours, staff numbers and billable utilization targets
- Follow up and reallocation of unapproved hours and expenses as necessary
In addition you will also be responsible for monthly back up for internal projects, approval and billing as well as providing adhoc support and cover to Project Accountant and Business Analyst
The right person for this role will have a solid financial background with minimum AAT qualification.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.