Summary of People Advisor
The People Team Advisor is a pivotal first line support role. This role is responsible for the first line support of the ‘in-life’ employee lifecycle within the People Business Partner team, including starters, leavers, family friendly, absence and temporary employees, ensuring that the highest possible level of support is provided to our employees.
This role is the first point of contact for Manager and employee related queries and is to provide a first-class level of service to our employees and temporary staff in a people facing role.
Location – Chertsey
Salary – £144-£160 per day
Contract length – Ongoing
Responsibilities of People Advisor
• Provide first line support to managers and employees on all queries and low level ER issues, meeting with managers and employees as appropriate.
• Conduct exit interviews and provide information to the People Coordinator for reporting purposes.
• Manage the end to end family friendly processes, meeting with employees and advising them on all queries and relevant legislation working within the legal framework.
• Provide advice on, and undertake when appropriate, disciplinary and grievance investigations, note taking at appeal hearings.
• Dealing with absence queries, advising Managers on long term absence issues, conducting return to work interviews, liaisng with wider People team members on absence related reports.
• Updating and maintenance of spread-sheets – owning the ER tracker (weekly monitoring with the HRBP’s) and logs such as Maternity; prompting HRBP’s when action is required in their business areas.
• Compile employee data for L&D Activities and liaise with L&D team as required for nominations.
• Compile and analyse reports and create ad-hoc reports as required.
• Transactional HR administration including, but not limited to, updating trackers and producing employee letters and communications regarding new starters, leavers, promotions, change of terms, family friendly leave requests and contractor extensions/changes etc.
Key competencies of People Advisor
• Can demonstrate drive, resilience and flexibility with changing priorities
• Is warm, personable and happy to help in any way that they can
• Likes dealing with people and is confident in dealing with people face to face
• Is a great team advocate and is happy to be involved in a wide variety of projects, with flexibility to travel on occasion
• Excellent Customer Service
• Has real pace and energy about their work, a passion for getting it done well and on time
• A real love of systems and processes with an ability to challenge our way of working and make recommendations for what we can do better
• Can understand and interpret technical language, especially with regard to HR policy
• To be a proactive, positive, energetic and supportive member of the People team
Benefits: Bonus scheme, staff discounts, 25 days holiday (after AWR), staff restaurant and onsite parking
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.