Summary of Payroll Accountant
The purpose of this role is to manage all payroll related responsibilities including preparation, reconciliation and processing of monthly payroll.
Location – Chertsey
Salary – £127 per day
Contract length – 31 December 2021
Responsibilities of Payroll Accountant
• Preparation, reconciliation and processing of monthly payroll for the various divisions within the company.
• Process and control all UK and Irish payroll related accruals.
• Reconciliation of Payroll Control account.
• Balance sheet reconciliations of all payroll related accounts.
• Reconciliation of travel loan payroll deductions against employee loan agreements.
• Accounting of employee award vouchers.
• Accounting of core benefits to relevant P&L’s and cost centres.
• Management and clear down of flexible benefit invoices against payroll deductions.
• Work closely with the HR Reward team to resolve and clear any accounting discrepancies.
• Prepare and post accruals for core benefits
• Payment and accounting of expat property rents in accordance with each rental agreement.
• Accounting of expat rental property deposits and dilapidations costs.
• Payment and accounting of expat school fees in accordance with each school’s terms and conditions.
• Payment and accounting of expat council tax bills/refunds in accordance with each council’s terms and conditions.
• Prepare and manage reporting requirements of processed expat expenses for HQ, CFO and Payroll Manager.
• Support Payroll Manager with the monthly forecasting of payroll costs.
• Maintain and update procedures for all payroll accounting duties.
• Ownership of payroll accounting related audit requirements.
Key competencies of Payroll Accountant
• Minimum Part Qualified (AAT Level 3, ACCA Level 2 or equivalent).
• Experience of working in telecommunications or technology sectors.
• Experience of SAP accounting software.
• Understanding of UK Payroll operations.
• Excellent MS Office Skills.
• Ability to work in a high pressure environment, take quick and effective decisions.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels, get key messages across succinctly.
• Strong reporting skills, ability to display key information and convey messages clearly, concisely and with impact.
• Professionalism and discretion are essential.
Benefits: Bonus scheme, staff discounts, 25 days holiday (after AWR), staff restaurant and onsite parking
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.