Salary: £35 – £40,000 PA
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm – Office based
Summary of an Office Manager
The Office Manager is to ensure that the office operates smoothly and efficiently. This will include taking responsibility for administrative, financial and managerial tasks.
Key Responsibilities of an Office Manager
The Office Manager will report to the Directors and duties will include:
- New Employees – Liaise with IT consultant to ensure equipment is set up, providing all information to new starters including Employer’s handbook.
- Drafting offer letters and Staff Employment Contracts. Sending all contracts and supporting documents to new starter, following up where necessary. Create a ‘new starter profile’ on MyHRToolKit, upload all documents, and complete new starter profile. Maintenance of myhrtoolkit to include changes to address, uploading correspondence, dealing with holiday queries, making changes, cancellations etc. Logging sick leave when advised.
- Managing and ordering office stationary and other office consumables.
- Ordering and managing Staff Office access ‘fobs’.
- Checking and maintaining supplies at London Office.
- Paying and logging third party supplier invoices.
- Assisting with company PI renewal process with Director Input.
- Arranging staff DSEs assessments, equipment PAT Testing and other statutory compliance requirements.
- Liaising with serviced office management team – as and when required. Liaising with reception staff for parking permits, book rooms, advise of visitors, drop post off, drop packages to be collected by couriers, collect post and deliveries upon receiving email from reception.
- Liaising with external website manager to upload photos, sending temporary ones where required.
- General office tasks as and when necessary.
- Liaising with the accountant in respect of setting up and administering staff payroll and expenses at the end of each month/as required. Setting up and making payments via Bankline.
- Liaising with IT consultant re IT issues/queries and software renewals. Advising of new starters, email sign off, mobile number etc.
- Supporting the Directors with administrative tasks such as report formatting, typing of minutes, printing and posting, etc. Scheduling and attending Director Meetings fortnightly. Following up on agreed actions.
- Setting up new project instruction files.
- Diarising internal staff reviews/appraisals and probation meetings.
- Processing and tracking membership renewals.
- Document management.
- During peak work periods assisting staff with contract collation/courier etc.
- Ordering and maintaining business card stock as and when required.
- Liaising with HR Consultant regarding policies and procedures, staffing queries eg notice periods, non-UK staff requirements.
- Sourcing and purchase of client/contractor Christmas gifts, logging of gifts received. Liaising with gift provider to give names, addresses etc.
Key Competencies of an Office Manager
- Has previous Office Managerial experience.
- Bookkeeping experience – preferable but not essential.
- Educated to A-level or above.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint, with a good level of IT literacy.
- Demonstrates a good level of proactivity and forward planning with an ability to take ownership of workload.
- Eye for detail.
- Willingness to learn.
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Collaborative in style.
- Reliable and a good timekeeper.
- Good communicator.
Please note: As you can appreciate, we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion?
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants, which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests, and a full competency based interview.
Consultant: Donna Jackson