Reporting to the VP Sales and Marketing, the principal role of Marketing Manager is to oversee and co-ordinate the execution of the current marketing strategy to help achieve the business objectives for growth. They will manage the marketing team of 7, as well as act as the prime interface between other functions in the business, particularly Sales and Support departments.
Opportunities to improve the marketing strategy will be available, however the initial responsibility is not to create from scratch, but to build on an already successful program.
Working with the team, the Marketing Manager is ultimately responsible for overseeing lead generation and customer touchpoints through: brand creation and direction; digital presence, advertising, marketing automation and email; events and exhibitions; PR; brand assets and relationships with 3rd parties.
Analysing and understanding ROI across the various markets and industries is essential to ensure that limited resources are efficiently and effectively applied.
There is a heavy emphasis on quality lead generation in this role. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate very significant experience and capability in this dimension of marketing.
Marketing Execution for lead generation
• Execute marketing strategy across territories to generate leads for the Sales teams
• Provide marketing support to Sales teams within territories
• When possible implement improvements to the strategy
Brand Creation and Direction
• Oversee brand management and ideation
• Oversee asset and content creation
• With the Marketing team, manage website: strategy, design, build, optimisation, maintenance and analytics
• Liaise with multiple 3rd party partners
• Work with the Marketing team to cultivate online social and digital media presence
• Oversee research, strategies, planning, creation and management of company advertising and campaigns
• Manage budgets
• Understand reports, identify insights and set the course for improvements
Marketing Automation and Email
• Manage marketing automation software (Pardot)
• Landing page and form creation, management and reporting
• Oversee email marketing strategy and work with team in creation, execution, analysis and optimisation of emails
Events and Exhibitions
• Event and Exhibition strategy
• Project management and execution
• Analysis and reporting
Managing Marketing team
• Project manage team and delegate responsibilities and tasks – own key projects
• Conduct regular report meetings as well as quarterly/annual appraisals and development management
Knowledge and understanding of:
• CRM, Marketing Automation and CMS systems
• Digital marketing and Search Engine Optmisation
• Social Media Platforms
• Event/Exhibition logistics
• Experience with the above
• Professional Marketing qualification
• Proven marketing experience
• People Management experience
• Business travel – 10-20% of time required for travelling/attending International trade shows, exhibitions, seminars, meetings or similar
Degree in a relevant discipline