Duration: 1 year FTC initially with a view to longer term commitment
Purpose of the job of a Logistics Coordinator
The ideal candidate will execute daily transport related operations for key customers. You will be responsible for monitoring operations, customer service and act as a resolute problem solver. You will be the first and main contact for the customer and their customers for day to day operations. Next to the daily operational tasks you are the main contact person to guide operational changes based upon your tactical insight and knowledge.
Key responsibilities for a Logistics Coordinator
- Monitor inbound schedule at the Ports and within the Logistic Service Provider’s (LSP) warehouse;
- Conduct customs clearance cost checks and verifications;
- Report daily inventory levels, with investigations and resolution of any inventory discrepancies and claims if required;
- Liaise with the LSP to conduct daily and weekly cycle counts and report this when needed;
- Co-ordinate returns with the SEACE order desk and the LSP, making system adjustments when required;
- Assist with outbound orders for domestic and international shipments, resolving any errors within the system;
- Conduct daily outbound tracking report and verify delivery, making updates to the system if needed;
- Verification of operational costs with the internal cost control department
- Weekly reporting and validating of LSP’s KPI’s
- Create weekly logistics reports to be shared with all key stakeholders
- Involvement in projects.
Key competencies for a Logistics Coordinator
- Logistics Bachelor/Master degree
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience
- Previous Inventory Management Skills
- Good Microsoft Excel skills
- Previous ERP knowledge
- Assertive personality
- Customer orientated
- Curious, eager to learn and pro-active attitude
- Constructive problem solving skills
- Business English in speaking and writing
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests and responsibilities in a fast paced environment
- Team player
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.