Summary of Junior Buyer
This Junior Buyer role is based in a global brand in the North Surrey area. The purpose of this role will be to support the Category Managers and the Head of Procurement throughout the end to end procurement process. The role will allow the individual to grow their skills in the Procurement team working towards taking on their own projects.
Duties of Junior Buyer
- Support the team to communicate and embed procurement through networking with colleagues.
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers
- Liaising with Marketing to ensure that briefs and requirements are clear
- Liaise with suppliers to obtain the correct information
- Populating the contract database for Marketing, HR & Facilities
- Assist with keeping training manuals up to date
- Assist with collecting information for the Agency tracker
- Work towards identifying and researching potential new suppliers based on requirements. Follow the correct process to implement them in to the business
- Carry out analysis and interpret data from SAP and BQMS to support category planning
- Ensure Marketing projects are all completed within our procurement system, BQMS. Mitigate possible risks by securing IP rights, managing early payments and liaising with agencies to provide sufficient level of details in quotes.
- Populate the contracts database
- Liaise with Marketing with the Agency tracker
- Assist with the Procurement system
- Deliver on day-to-day procurement activities
Key Attributes of Junior Buyer
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Process orientated
- Procurement experience
- Commercial awareness
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiating and networking
- Positive attitude and the ability to inspire confidence in others
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.