Information Security Officer
Purpose of the Role
Manages the information security management system and chairs the Information Security Steering Group (ISSG) Meeting and Information Security Management Meeting. He/She reports to the COO (or board level executive) on information security, who in turn provides concurrence at board level. He/She ensures the policies and standards are kept up to date and schedules information audits. Through management processes, ensures ongoing compliance with the ISO 27001:2017 information governance requirements. Liaises with the Information Asset Owners on matters of information security.
- The ISO will chair the Information Security Steering Group (ISSG) Meeting and ensure that the meeting minutes are prepared, and the actions raised are recorded in the Continual Improvement (CI) Log.
- The ISO will co-ordinate the annual review of the ISO27001 documents.
- The ISO is to project manage the actions raised in the CI Log, Management Action Log and Security Risk Register and Treatment Plan.
- To contribute to the development and maintenance of an Information Security Policy for the organisation in liaison with the Information Security Steering Group (ISSG).
- To develop and monitor a formal procedure for reporting information security incidents and investigations.
If you have experience within information security management and feel you have the skills to do the full compliance in this role please apply.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Ability to self-organise and prioritise as required
- Ability to communicate effectively
- ISO 27001 qualification
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as an Information Security Officer
Hours 22.5 per week over 5 days
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.