Financial Accounts Assistant
Salary: £132 per day
Duration: 31st December 2021
Summary a Financial Accounts Assistant
You will work alongside the Treasury Accountant and will be responsible for the administration of Treasury and Intercompany tasks. This includes the management of the SEUK and European Office [EO] bank accounts. Most Treasury tasks are on a cycle, whether it be daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly. You will be responsible for delivering these timely and accurately. There is also the potential to develop and take up other Finance responsibilities as and when required.
Key Responsibilities of a Financial Accounts Assistant
- Bank postings, reports, reconciliations and other Treasury tasks as required by the business, completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Raising Intercompany recharge invoices, posting Intercompany receipts and producing reconciliations as required by the business and in accordance with deadlines.
- Month end reporting to Group for the Treasury area, including risk reporting
- Assisting the Treasury Manager by providing cover when other team members are absent
- Sending bank statements and reports to the relevant departments for posting or information
- Posting Intercompany receipts to the vendor or customer accounts.
- Daily bank reconciliation, netting, matching, bank allocations and cash flow
- Daily cash flow forecast & daily bank clearing
- Manual same day payment creation, maintaining Firm Banking payments file, Payment Factory file and liaising with the bank
- FX spot deal & forward deal requests, liaising with EO treasury and posting in SAP and the bank
- Ensuring evidence attached to postings for audit purposes
- Bi-monthly netting cycle including notification, additions, deletions, Settlement Reports and journal postings in SAP.
- Month end FX valuations and Deferred Income as well as ZBT Interest Postings.
- Completing the Treasury quarterly DC&P reports for submission to HQ
- Monthly FSCS reporting for timely bank postings.
- Providing cover for: downloading bank statements, updating daily bank balances and daily bank transfer postings and ZBT postings.
- Assisting the Treasury Manager with quarterly external audit deliverables
- Any Ad Hoc treasury posting
- Opportunity for cross-training and development within the wider Financial Accounting Team
Key Competencies of a Financial Accounts Assistant
- Excellent communication skills; able to manage and maintain strong internal and external working relationships in a professional and cordial manner.
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a pressured environment and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and solid organisational skills are a priority.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work well autonomously.
- Computer literate with strong excel skills and ideally have SAP experience.