Salary: £120 per day
Duration: 3 months
Summary of a Finance Assistant
The purpose of this role is to manage the administration of Treasury and Intercompany tasks. This includes the management of the UK and European bank accounts.
Responsibilities of a Finance Assistant
- Bank postings, reports, reconciliations and other Treasury tasks as required by the business, completed in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Raising Intercompany recharge invoices, posting Intercompany receipts and producing reconciliations as required by the business and in accordance with deadlines.
- Month end reporting to Group for the Treasury area, including risk reporting
- Assisting the Treasury Manager by providing cover when other team members are absent
- There is also the potential to develop and take up other Finance responsibilities as and when required.
- Sending bank statements and reports to the relevant departments for posting or information
- Manual same day payment creation, maintaining Firm Banking payments file, Payment Factory file
- Calculating credit availibility within the system and releasing required orders
- Liasing with the service team and external customers with updates on credit limit availability
- Requesting and securing payments
- Creating and updating credit notes; monitoring approvals to ensure timely completion
- Ensuring evidence attached to postings for audit purposes
- Providing cover for: downloading bank statements, updating daily bank balances and daily bank transfer postings and ZBT postings.
- Ad Hoc administrative team support as required
- Opportunity for cross-training and development within the wider Financial Accounting Team
Key competencies of a Finance Assistant
- Excellent communication skills; able to manage and maintain strong internal and external working relationships in a professional and cordial manner.
- Flexible and adaptable to cope with a pressured environment and tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail and solid organisational skills are a priority.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work well autonomously.
- Computer literate with strong excel skills and ideally have SAP experience.
Benefits: Bonus scheme, staff discounts, 25 days holiday (after AWR), staff restaurant and onsite parking
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.