Summary of Online Merchandiser
This Online Merchandiser Specialist role is based in a global brand in the North Surrey area. This role will be focused on driving online sales across products, through delivering best practice online execution, including product life cycle management, optimising sales, analysing performance, conducting AB tests and working closely with the content team.
Please note that the pay rate range advertised includes a PAYE and Ltd. option.
Key Duties of Online Merchandiser
- Day to day trading of the category to maximise sales and profit
- Merchandising product daily based upon sales trends and promotional calendar
- Delivering an online experience that showcases the quality of our products
- Owning the merchandising of the category, including executing all relevant promotions on time and reflecting the customer plan
- Owning product workflow, to ensure that the correct products are displayed with the relevant imagery and content
- Commercially leverage content to drive sales
- Ensure the category is legally compliant
- Competitor analysis and take reactive action as required to maintain our agreed market positioning.
- Production of trading analysis and recommendations in conjunction with commercial and analytical teams
- Optimising the taxonomy.
- Identify potential development requirements.
Key Attributes of Online Merchandiser
- Organisational skills
- Flexible and proactive with change
- Communication – Clear and concise, influential
- Analytical – able to digest and understand numbers and determine their meaning
- Target driven & able to work under pressure – detail oriented
- 3 years + experience working in an online trading role – ideally within retail
- Able to demonstrate successfully growing sales in a pragmatic manner.
- Ideally experience of trading/working with either of the Hybris or Adobe E-Commerce platforms
- Analytical – experience of using GA and Omniture
- Basic copy writing and photoshop skills desirable.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.