Summary of DPO Paralegal
The purpose of this role is to support the lawyers who advise on data protection and privacy. The role of DPO Paralegal will involve dealing with a broad spectrum of legal queries, attending meetings with key business teams, providing support to the subsidiaries in relation to data subjects requests and assisting with drafting legal documents.
Location – Chertsey
Salary – £130 per day
Contract due to end 31st December 2021
Responsibilities of DPO Paralegal
• Day to day data protection advice – advising HQ and Subsidiaries on data privacy; developing and implementing policies and guidelines
• General Data Protection Regulation Compliance
• Advising on the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018.
• Providing support to the Subsidiaries in relation to data subject’s requests under the GDPR
• Implementation of new and updated legal and business processes and procedures
• Reviewing and advising on Data Protection Impact Assessments
• Providing support with inquiries from regulators and customers on data privacy
• Preparing legal agreements including Data Transfer Agreements and Data Processing Agreements
• Attending meetings with key partners and external advisers, participating and recording minutes of the discussions
• Researching ongoing developments with data protection law and preparing legal updates
• Reporting to Head of Department Senior Management and HQ, where necessary
Key competencies of DPO Paralegal
• A self-starter with a proactive approach to work
• Attention to detail with strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task and work quickly
• Enthusiasm to be able to learn quickly
• A team player
• Highly literate in MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint
• Preferably have Data Protection experience
• Knowledge of JIRA would be advantageous
• Excellent organisational skills
Benefits: Bonus scheme, staff discounts, 25 days holiday (after AWR), staff restaurant and onsite parking
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.