Audio Visual Service Engineer
This Audio Visual Service Engineer role is based in a global brand in the North Surrey area. This role will be supporting the Display Service infrastructure by leading the technical skill-set and ability of the service centre, as well as providing technical display support for partner community and end-user customers.
Duties of Audio Visual Service Engineer
- Management of issues including active involvement where necessary, support team and a focus on reducing open status of pending issues.
- Support of ASC partner community. To include training framework creation and delivery.
- Field Service attendance where necessary to facilitate escalations
- Focus on working with other internal (EDO, DSSC, HQ, Pre-sales) and external groups to achieve expedited resolution.
- Includes identifying delays in progress and refining processes for lead-time improvement.
- Regular review of Issues to identify SI / Reseller gaps in knowledge to drive partner training via Pre-Sales.
- Targeted on issue resolution timeframes
- Develop a technical support framework to include local processes, site attendance documents, a method of facilitating technical knowledge sharing and standard engineer templates (FSR, FA, escalation reports) etc.
- Ownership of Display Service Training initiative support of Display Service Training
- Management of regular training in-line with new product release, on-going knowledge improvement and requirement for technical training. To include full documentation of training plans, skill-set matrices and regular reviews of training throughout the year.
- Develop training material for incorporation into online portal
- Ensure Service training strategy and projects are aligned with Pre-Sales initiatives for upskilling of SI partner community
- Focus on improvement projects to support Service Delivery technical support to include on-line
- Knowledge Base and forums, training materials, development of technical frameworks and structures and material for continual improvement of technical skill-set across SBSC, ASC and partner communities.
- Work with Service Delivery team to understand need for development of Technical support methods and manage from conception through to completion
Key Attributes of Audio Visual Service Engineer
- Demonstrable experience of Business Technical Support role Level 2 or 3 or equivalent
- Field Engineer experience required, minimum 3 years
- Solid understanding of Display & AV hardware and software
- Significant experience in AV cloud, video player and content solutions
- Basic understanding (as a minimum) of ‘true’ LED technology
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Tenacious approach to problem solving
- Superb communication skills (verbal and written) for wide variety of audiences (e.g. non-technical, technical, commercial, laymen, etc.)
- Ability to run a range of tasks concurrently and prioritise effectively
- Excellent organisational skills and strategic approach to larger tasks / project work
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.