Customs Operations Coordinator
Summary of a Customs Operations Coordinator
To provide an excellent customer service experience for our customers mainly handling Customs clearances required for Brexit as well as invoicing. May also include arranging shipment/deliveries and any other functions as required.
Key Responsibilities of a Customs Operations Coordinator
• Good knowledge of customs formalities & legislation
• Good knowledge of customs tariff
• Good knowledge of IT systems and processes used within customs clearance
• Good knowledge of the international transportation and logistics industry
• Knowledge of logistic processes
• Follow strict and time sensitive SOP’s/KPI’s to ensure compliance
• Work closely with internal and external customers
• Focus on customer service
• Use of Next Gen/MS office as requested
• Ensure invoicing, job costing, CIA, Netting and milestone are updated within the required timeframe
• Month end department compliance
• Cost control
• Assist branch forwarders, Supervisors and line manager where required
• Ensure all reports including internal and customer specific are completed within the deadline
• Resolve queries from customers and suppliers
• Ensure Best Practice models are adopted
• Remain in contact with customers and suppliers to maintain relationships
• To take part in customer reviews when required to build up visibility and relationships with customers.
• Assist sales and management with customer development
• Maintain clean desk policy
• Operate within companies QA system
• Any other tasks as directed by their Supervisor or line manager
Key Competencies of a Customs Operations Coordinator
• Educated to GCSE/O level standard or equivalent
• Business related experience
• Proven customer service record and experience
• Proven strong Customs clearance experience
• Proven operational experience
• Thorough understanding of Customs requirements
• Knowledge in of the international transportation and logistics industry, in Export, Air, Sea ,Road and Import operations.
• A knowledge and understanding of financials and impact on business
• A Good knowledge of IT systems and processes used in the transport sector
• Fluent in English, local language and any other languages required for smooth operation of business
• Result-oriented and driven to achieve goals and meet targets
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to read and understand an SOP
• Customer service driven
• Deep knowledge of the financial contexts the business exists within
• Profitability and result-oriented and always looking for improvement in our business processes
• Team oriented
• Quality focus.
• Flexible in approach and happy to work shifts including evenings, weekends
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.
Consultant: Danielle Godbold