Our client is a global technology leader based in Chertsey, Surrey. They are looking for innovative individuals who want to drive technology and push the brand to new heights. This Commercial Strategy Category Manager role is a 6 month contract role with a view to extend.
Job Description for Commercial Strategy Category Manager role
As a Commercial Strategy Category Manager you will work to translate market opportunities into actionable business recommendations. The role will support short and long term strategic planning and work closely with key stakeholders to ensure opportunities and risks are identified. As a strategic advisor to the organisation you will propose and lead on strategies to better understand competitors and customers.
Key Responsibilities of Commercial Strategy Category Manager role
- Report to the business on market dynamics, competitors’ and market share
- Align market data with internal sales data
- Articulate contributing factors on share gains and losses and consult sales team on best course of action
- Work closely with the product and internal stakeholders to provide a concise view on revenue management in the short term.
- Make predictions on competitors’ behaviour
- Understand consumer trends
- Working with key stakeholders, deliver proposals on positioning and consumer targeting
- Provide guidance on channel strategies
Key Attributes of Commercial Strategy Category Manager role
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Working knowledge of SQL highly desired
- Proven ability to process a lot of data and get hands on with analysis
- Ability to present and articulate complex materials concisely
- Keen awareness of current and emerging trends within technology and or telecomms sector
- Details orientated strategic thinker
- Strong numeracy and commercial acumen
- Experience of quantitative and qualitative research techniques
Benefits for this Commercial Strategy Category Manager role.
- Opportunity to work for a market innovator that drives technology
- Bonus scheme after 6 month qualifying period
- Access to staff discount
- Onsite subsidised restaurants
- Onsite parking
- 25 days holiday + BH (after AWR)
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment are an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.