Clinical Trials Account Manager – 12 months fixed term contract
We are currently recruiting on behalf of a global pharmaceutical company based in Weybridge. The role will initially be a 12 month fixed term contract covering maternity leave. Only candidates with a background in clinical trials can be considered due to the nature of the role.
The role of the account manager is to give clinical trial services exposure across key accounts, delivering exceptional services whilst working towards sales targets. Much of the work is project driven and so strong project management skills are highly sought after.
In this role you will be responsible for the following:
- Delivery of world class customer service to clients
- Project management and delivery
- Develop long term relationships across strategic accounts
- Develop strategy, implementation and delivery of added value services projects for key accounts
- Develop a strong working relationship with internal departments to provide an exceptional and seamless service to clients
- Offer support to Business Development in pursuit of new clients in line with Key Account Management strategy
- Work with Business development and head of region to devise a transition plan for new accounts to be managed within project management team, set KPIs for key accounts and review on a periodic basis
- Proactively identify organic growth opportunities and coordinate the necessary involvement of all relevant personnel to execute
- Arrange and attend clients meetings with Business Development as and when necessary to aid business review and continual improvement of service
- Managing, prioritising, and completing inquiries and projects to a high standard
- Demonstrate an excellent understanding of the clinical trial supply chain through working with strategic sourcing group
- Develop an understanding of the key challenges that customers face in clinical supply, logistics and services
- Build and develop a team of dedicated Clinical Trial project management colleagues
- Review and vet client requests/requirements with Account Associate and formulate sourcing strategy, utilising tools, databases, and strategic sourcing group where needed
- Guide Account Associate with presenting client requests to sourcing vendor(s) to obtain necessary details to generate and provide formal quotation/proposal
- Oversee the management of incoming orders through Account Associate, from date of receipt to final delivery with supply vendor
- Provide reports on account performance as and when required, and in line with KPI’s agreed with line manager
- Follow all relevant Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements, managing adherence within the Client Services team
- Ensure all licenses, documentation, audits and associated QA activities are in place in support of client qualification
- Use unique positioning of the role to identify and share opportunities and gaps in supply chain, systems and processes
The right person for this role will have strong customer service skills and essentially a background in clinical trials. A degree in a science related field would be highly desirable.
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.