As a member of our team of chefs you are responsible for taking care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned.
Your key responsibilities include:
• Manage a section within the kitchen
• Ensure that dishes are prepared and cooked according to the specific restaurant standards.
• Managing the development and supervision of the Commis Chefs on the section, ensuring they are fully trained and understand their duties.
• Ensure that stock is rotated and controlled within the specific section of the kitchen.
• Ensure the cleaning schedule is adhered to and that cleaning tasks are delegated as appropriate.
• Ensure full understanding of the functional administration of the restaurant.
• Be knowledgeable of daily business, reservations menu and menu availability
• Maintain a detailed Knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish descriptions.
• Ensure compliance with legal requirements under the H&S act 1974 and Food Hygiene.
• Ensure all policies, procedures, standards and guidelines are carefully adhered to.
• Ensure HACCP compliance within the kitchen and all Food Beverage outlets
• Have previous experience in a Demi or Chef De Partie role, preferably within a formal or fine dining environment.
• Fully understand how the role contributes to the success of the restaurant.
• Maintain a good level of understanding of the restaurant and hospitality industry.
• Lead by example.
• Build effective and constructive relationships.
• Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely.
• Work collaboratively with others in pursuit of team goals.
• Qualified to NVQ Level 2
• Able to work effectively under pressure, thrive in a challenging environment
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the business vision and goals.