Business Insight Analyst
Location – Chertsey
Salary – £40,000-£43,500 PA
Duration – Ongoing contract
Benefits: Bonus scheme, staff sales, reward plus discount shopping, 25 days holiday, government pension (post AWR), mortgage advise, staff restaurant, onsite parking and shuttlebus
Summary of a Business Insight Analyst
The role reports directly to the Business Operations Manager, and then directly to Head of Department. This is a diverse role, where core element is to engage with other teams in order to accumulate all necessary information, that will allow effective reporting both on HQ and subsidiary level. The role will be the centrehub of our business data, where the analysis will drive the achievement in both sales and product strategic direction. This role would be focused on market intelligence side.
Responsibilities of a Business Insight Analyst
- Support the development of the market for LFD, LED and Digital Signage Solutions in partnership with the BDM’s and Channel Managers in their specific verticals and accounts, with focus on Market Intelligence & Market research side
- Proactively engage with Market research agencies for acquiring necessary market and trends information (IHS, GFK, IDC)
- Analysis and engagement into business reviews with Tier 1 (Disty), category analysis for Tier 2 (Resellers) & Tier 3
- Focus on analysis of business metrics: Market share, Sell-in, Sell-out, Sell-through.
- Engage with Context, directly or with EDO support to alight Display managed accounts, disty-reseller data monitoring vs Distyreports, and manage portion of Others in the reports
- P&L Analysis, weekly business plan, consensus meetings
- Supporting the Head of Display on key initiatives as the need arises
Key competencies of a Business Insight Analyst
- Ability to be open to ideas in process improvement
- Show initiative and ability to work independently
- High attention to detail
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Multitasking capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict time lines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with large amounts of data
- Articulate complex analyst to management and senior sales staff
- Essential Hard Skills Required:
- Specialist in Excel (Macro, pivot tables, queries, advanced formulas)
- Good skill in most Microsoft office software (Powerpoint, Word)
- Strong verbal, written and presentation abilities
Please note: As you can appreciate we are currently overwhelmed with applications and we can therefore only contact those applications that have relevant skills for positions that we currently have available. Should you not hear from us within a week, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
March Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and complies with all relevant UK legislation. If you are successful in your application, you will be required to attend a full registration with one of our Consultants which will involve you providing a current passport, any relevant visas and completing relevant tests and a full competency based interview.