Accounts Payable Team Leader
Salary: £135-£143 per day
Duration: 31st December 2021
Purpose of the Accounts Payable Team Leader role
Our client has recently transitioned their Accounts Payable and Travel & Expenses teams to a remote, outsourced shared service centre. Creating an exciting opportunity for a UK based Accounts Payable Team Leader who will be responsible for the tasks that have not been outsourced and assist with resolutions and any escalations the business or the shared service centres have.
Key Responsibilities of the Accounts Payable Team Leader
- Manage complex accounts payable queries escalated by the shared service centre and business highlighting issues to the Accounts Payable and Expenses Manager where necessary.
- Manage the reduction of on hold service requests with the shared service centre, overcoming blockages to the processing of invoices and vendor master data set ups.
- Delivery of local processes not outsourced to the SSC
- Process invoices directly in SAP where required
- Banking of cheques received on a regular basis
- GMP Invoice processing
- Manual payments to vendors
- Prepare paperwork for manual payments
- Manage process for approval of manual payments
- Assist with review of accounts payable policies, and provision of Vendor Coding matrix and allocation guides for use by the SSC.
- Manage the accounts payable/Expenses bank postings and liaise with the treasury team to resolve these on a daily basis.
- Produce monthly reports for supplier Payment Legislation – statutory reporting duty for payment practices and performance.
- Preparing documentation for internal and external auditors.
- Assist with Process Improvements projects and proactively make suggestions on how the team could work more efficiently.
- Oversee the company’s period end closing and entering the accrual files in SAP
- Team responsibilities – to supervise the accounts payable assistant and support them in their development
- Provide cover to the Accounts Payable & Expenses Manager in their absence
Key Competencies/Characteristics of an Accounts Payable Team Leader
- A strong background in Accounts payable, with experience of supervising a team in a dynamic working environment.
- Excellent communication skills; able to work with a remote team and develop strong working relationships.
- Attention to detail, and ability to work quickly in a pressured environment
- SAP experience
- Strong customer service focus
- Strong team leader
- Proven ability to build cross functional relationships across a variety of Departments.