The primary objective of the Helpdesk is to provide ongoing support and assistant to customers for any product related issues. A secondary purpose is to provide internal desktop support to all staff.
The 2nd line Support Engineer is an important part of the Helpdesk, providing customer software support , undertaking analysis and diagnosis, and implement resolutions within agreed timeframes. This role requires excellent customer service skills and advanced technical experience, demonstrating a passion for emerging technologies and the commercial insight to ensure the Helpdesk achieves its primary objective.
1. Experience of supporting a bespoke software application
2. Experience or willingness to provide service to external customers versus just internal users
3. A good understanding of infrastructure i.e servers, storage, networks or at least understand what these are and with training be able to speak credibly to customers
4. Good customer service skills with a very clear telephone manner
5. Passion for technology, which usually means that there is a willingness to learn more
6. A “can do” attitude
Monday to Friday 9am to 5.30
There will be out of 24 hour out of office cover required one week and weekend in every 4. Extra bonus will be paid for hours worked.