Recruitment Advent: 11 Things You Can Do to Help Your Job Search Over Christmas
It may not be as exciting as opening your advent calendar, but searching for jobs in Surrey can come with their own set of surprises! Many of us wind down when it comes to recruitment at this time of year, but it’s actually a great time to look for work! Here’s what you can do to make your search go a little smoother over the holidays and New Year.
1. Give your LinkedIn account a makeover – make sure all the information on it is up to date and reflects your current position and goals. Don’t have a LinkedIn? Create one to help with your job search!
2. Update your CV with any necessary changes or make any tweaks you think are needed
3. Keep applying! Christmas and New Year are when many businesses decide to look for new talent such as yourself.
4. Confirm your references and ensure their contact information is correct and up to date.
5. Monitor your social media and delete or privatise anything that may be inappropriate. After all, the festive period lends itself to getting a bit merry, and you don’t want any embarrassing photos of yourself to be publicly viewable to hiring managers.
6. Keep an eye out for networking opportunities – various Christmas get-togethers can see you meeting new faces, or discovering new possibilities from friends and family.
7. You can also use family gatherings as a way to practice interview skills and your “elevator pitch”. Your relatives are bound to ask questions about your job or future plans – why not pretend they’re an interviewer and see how well you can answer them?
8. If you’re the kind of person that gets bored easily over the holiday period, why not take the chance to upskill yourself? There are plenty of online courses (both free and paid) to expand your skill set and make you more attractive to hire.
9. Treat yourself when you’re out Christmas shopping and revamp your work wardrobe – you’ll want to look sharp at your next interview!
10. Connect with others looking for jobs in Surrey to share tips and keep each other motivated.
11. And finally, why not try asking Father Christmas for your dream job? Okay, we’re obviously joking, but keeping an upbeat attitude remaining hopeful can make the process of job hunting a lot more pleasant!
If you’re looking for jobs in Surrey then March Recruitment can help – call 01932 852 881 today or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.